GENUINE RUST PROTECTION
GUARANTEED FOR LIFE
WHAT IS RUST PROTECTION ?
In its simplest form, Genuine Rust Protection involves spraying various wax and bitumen-based coatings to the chassis, underbody and inside the upper body panels to stop rust and corrosion. Spray-on coatings like Vitacare stop rust by forming a barrier between the metal surface and the salt, moisture and air.
VITACARE® Genuine Rust Protection is suitable for all vehicle types and will provide long-term and effective corrosion protection even in the harshest conditions.
DO I NEED RUSTPROOFING ?
"Many car owners underestimate the potential for rust to develop in their vehicle!"
Ninety percent of Australians live, work, or play in high corrosion risk areas. If you tow a boat, regularly park near the beach, or even just park your car outside in a coastal suburb, chances are high your vehicle will be affected by corrosion. And it doesn’t take long for surface rust to appear, in some cases within a month or two. Vehicle under-bodies, in particular, are often “out of sight and out of mind” but they will be in direct contact with dirty or salty water, moist salt-laden air, chemical spills and many other hazards that can cause rust and corrosion.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT & PROCESS
VITACARE® Genuine Rust Protection is a highly advanced bituminous and wax-based coating containing marine-grade rust inhibitors designed to prevent the formation of structural rust in vehicles in both new and pre-owned vehicles. VITACARE® Genuine Rust Protection will remain flexible and is guaranteed not to crack or peel and is impact and abrasion-resistant. VITACARE® Genuine Rust Protection, when spay applied to metal forms a seal over the surface, and because the surface is now sealed, it becomes airtight and watertight. This significantly reduces the ability for the rusting process to occur.
- Protects the vehicle against perforation rust from the window level down.
- Maintains a safer vehicle – rust can compromise the structural integrity of the vehicle which is why all states require vehicles to be free of structural rust in order to comply with state roadworthy/fitness laws.
- Maximises the future resale value – rust in a vehicle can significantly reduce the re-sale value.
- National lifetime warranty*
The application process for VITACARE® Genuine Rust Protection strictly conforms with Australian Standard AS2662.2. The areas typically treated include:-
- The entire chassis both inside and out.
- The complete under body and cabin floor.
- Lower cavities of the front and rear guards.
- Wheel arches, fuel, air and hydraulic tanks.
- Engine sump, transfer casing, drive line, axles and differentials.
- Suspension components, brake housings and steering arms.
- Fixing points for tow bars, bull bars and side steps.
WHO NEEDS RUST PROOFING?
- Recreational 4×4 and Off-Road Enthusiasts.
- Trailer Boat Owners.
- Frequent Beach Users.
- Fishermen and Water sports Enthusiasts.
- Campers and Caravaners.
- Coastal Residents.
- Commercial Vehicles carrying Corrosive Chemicals.
- Vehicles used in Farming and Aquaculture.
- All Mining, Industrial, and Exploration Vehicles.